It’s these scrumptious little things I never want to forget, so cue Julie Andrews, these are a few of my favourite things.
1. Feeling your soft little toddler fingers curl around my index finger when you to hold my hand.
2. When we are enjoying our food next to each other and you turn to me and say ‘Yummy Mummy, hummm?’ Yes very yummy Evie.
3. The way you say ‘Ove you Mummy’ before you go to sleep at night. Ove you because you cannot pronounce your L’s yet.
4. Your face of pure joy and delight when we bring out the ice-cream. Probably similar to mine when I see baked brie.
5. The way you greet your little sister ‘B-Bel’ with a delicate kiss on the forehead.
1. The delectable little dimples on your pudgy knuckles and elbows. Why do they make me feel like I could literally eat you?
2. The way you smile at me first thing after you wake – you make me feel like your world. I treasure this.
3. When you smile that big open smile, your eyes twinkle and every limb moves in excitement. I've never seen you smile without another part of your body joining in on the party.
4. The way you follow your sisters every move and laugh with a big belly chuckle when she jumps up and down.
5. Your leg rolls, ankle rolls and also wrist rolls. All your rolls are adorable.
1. Your big bear paw hands
2. The way you place your hand on the small of my back when you know I need some support.
3. That you are pretty darn unshakable and take every hurdle in your stride, regardless of my flapping and tears.
4. That you still make me feel beautiful. Even whilst shedding like a beast, sporting a scar on my neck and a PICC line on my arm.
5. That when your daughter asks you to sit on the ‘princess potty’, you do it. No hesitation.
Ohh, also that you clean up after dinner every night. I really like that.